Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ilness, Illness & More Illness

Okay so from October to now we have had more illness run through our house than I know what to do with! I am about ready to pull my hair out and ask for some Zoloft (not really). I don't know what the deal is with this fall/winter/spring but things have not been good! It is seriously non-stop. One of us gets sick and passes it on to the other. I rarely get sick...that isn't the case this year. I have had numerous viruses and am just now getting over a triple whammy...bronchitis, sinus infection AND double ear infection, all at once! Yes, you read that right AND my husband also has bronchitis and Briggs just had his first day back to daycare in a week. I started with a cold over a week ago and it just never really went away and my symptoms starting getting worse. Other than antibiotics after giving birth, it's been years since I've been on one so I just thought it was a long lasting cold. Well Tuesday a high fever broke out and I could not function. I drug myself into the Urgent Care Clinic and got the triple whammy diagnosis. No wonder I feeling so bad. I'm still not feeling the greatest. Still get aches and chills when my Motrin wears off. I'll give it one more day of antibiotics before I make another appointment.

The positives:
  • Hopefully Briggs being sick about 6 or 7 times in that past 6 months will boost his immune system and make for a healthy toddler!!! That's what I'm praying for because if we have to continue on this sick journey I may loose my mind.
  • We are SOOOO fortunate all this illness didn't occur the year before, because we would have rescheduled Briggs surgeries numerous times!
The negatives:
  • When Briggs gets sick it lasts at least a week, if not more! When he's sick he doesn't care to play or learn and continuously be talked to. He likes to snuggle and watch his beloved Cars movie. We all want to do nothing when we're sick. Then once he's better, he's asking for Cars because he's been so spoiled with it. Once we get him away from wanting the movie non-stop, he gets sick again! It's a constant battle! This makes for about 8 weeks of lost "teaching" time. Briggs is doing really great but I feel so guilty because I wonder what more he could be doing if we got those 8 weeks back. Now, I need to give myself a little credit because Briggs is testing above average for his age and the movie watching was not an all day event when he was sick and we still did plenty of talking and playing. So considering how much "lost" time we had he's doing amazing! But it still bugs me and is on my mind constantly.
  • Then when you throw the rest of us in the mix and being sick every other time Briggs has been that makes more time where we're not teaching him. It REALLY, REALLY bugs me but there is nothing I can do about it.
SO, please pray for good health in our house going forward, so that we can spend as much time as possible talking to Briggs and making up for sick lost time!

On another note Briggs is turning 2 next week!! I cannot believe it!!! I still need to get invites sent out... so much to do!

No comments: